“There is a wealth of comment and some research supporting the idea that knowledge is empowering for birthing women and that antenatal education is beneficial.”
Spinelli et al
I am a registered general nurse and a registered midwife. I am also a qualified pregnancy yoga teacher and hypnobirthing instructor. I trained in DCU and Beaumont Hospital from 2008 to 2012. I then worked on a neurosurgical ward in Beaumont Hospital for 1 year before commencing my midwifery training in Trinity College Dublin and the Rotunda Hospital in September 2013. Since completing my training in March 2015 I have been working in the Rotunda as a member of the midwifery team. I also have a certificate in contraception from the Irish Family Planning Association. I am passionate about normality in terms of pregnancy and birth, and helping women to have a positive pregnancy and birth experience.
Our Pregnancy Yoga; Preparing for Birth classes run for a 5 week term. All pregnant women greater than 12 weeks gestation are welcome. The classes consist of:
- Postures and breathing techniques that can help contribute to a more positive birthing experience
- Hormones of birthing and how to keep them flowing
- Relaxation and massage methods that can help during pregnancy and birth.
- Hypnobirthing class. Hypnobirthing teaches self-hypnosis and relaxation techniques for an easier, more gentle birth that is often accompanied by a significant reduction in pain. It uses techniques such as breathing, visualisation and meditation. Hypnobirthing helps women and their birthing partners to feel more confident and calm about the birth and looks at birth in a positive light rather than a negative one.
- Active Birth & Yoga Workshops are available for you and your partner.
Looking forward to meeting you all,